LATEST NEWS >
posted on website -- Feb 1, 2015 --
A walk has been arranged for Thursday, 5th February 2015 to the 'Falls of Clyde' at the New Lanark World Heritage Site.
The 'Falls of Clyde' are the UK's largest and most spectacular waterfalls (dependant of river level on the day!), the walk to reach the falls is an easy riverside route of 3.75miles. Following the walk we'll have a pub lunch in the Heritage Site Hotel.
Falls of Clyde walk - http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/glasgow/falls-of-clyde.shtml
Details are as follows:-
- 08:45hrs - Meet Waverley Sation (Outside bar located in the station)
- 09:11hrs - Train to Lanark - £16:80p return fare.
- 10:45hrs - Walk (1.2m) or local bus form Lanark rail station to Heritage Site
- 11:15hrs - Falls of Clyde walk
- 14:00hrs - Pub Lunch at Heritage Site
- 16:00hrs - Train to Waverley Station
Please add your name to the thread on the Fireaway website Messageboard if you intend to come on the walk.
Everyone welcome including non-members.