May 24, 2018
FIREAWAY CLUB - MAY NEWSLETTER
Please receive the May edition of the Fireaway Club Newsletter.
NOTE: AS PART OF THE CHANGES TO REFLECT THE FIREAWAY SURVEY REVIEW RESULTS THE SOCIAL MEETING SCHEDULED FOR THIS THURSDAY, 31ST MAY 2018, WILL HAVE AN AFTERNOON START TIME OF 2:30PM AND A CHANGE OF VENUE TO 'TILES BAR', 1 ST ANDREWS SQUARE, EDINBURGH, EH2 2BD.
Socials are very relaxed, informal and held in the open bar area of the pub.If you've not been before, or missed the last few meetings, the May social is an ideal opportunity to drop by for a pint and catch up.
1) June Walk - a late June walk is being arranged. Full details, when confirmed, will be posted on the website and circulated to all members.
2) 10th July - Walk on the top of Cairngorm Mountain (note this is a provisional date). Details for this walk are available on the Fireaway website via the Latest News page.
FIREAWAY FACEBOOK GROUP:
The Facebook group page keeps growing with more and more people joining and more photos and videos been posted. The group, to which all Fireaway members and ex-LBFRS employees are welcome to join, can be accessed at:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1648088992167580/ (Note you need to be a Facebook member and logged in to view the page)
A number of colleagues have passed away since the last Newsletter was circulated in March. More detailed information is available via the Latest News page on the Fireaway website.
1) George Balloch - passed away on Sunday, 27th May, 2018.
2) Derek Malloy - passed away on Wednesday, 23rd May, 2018.
3) Charlie Flynn - passed away on Wednesday, 16th May, 2018
4) Neil Dinwoodie - passed away on Wednesday, 2nd May, 2018
5) Eddie Harris - passed away on Tuesday, 17th April, 2018
The current membership stands at 211. See the Latest News page on the website for the names of recently joined members.
Circulated Thursday, 29th July 2018.