LATEST NEWS >
Oct 1, 2021 --
OCTOBER WALK - ROSLIN/LASSWADE
A Fireaway Club walk around Roslin/Lasswade has been arranged for Monday, 11th October 2021.
This is a flat walk around six miles in length and takes in a number of sites including Rosslyn Chapel, Dryden Tower and Bilston Viaduct before finishing in Lasswade for a pub lunch/pint at the Laird & Dog bar.
Details are as follows:-
- 10:30hrs - Meet Dollys Cafe for coffee in Roslin (opposite original Roslin Hotel).
- 11:00hrs - Walk, Roslin/Lasswade (approx 6/7 miles)
- 13:15hrs - Pub lunch, Laird & Dog, Lasswade.
- Bus 37 from Edinburgh to Roslin
- Bus 140 from Musselburgh & Dalkeith to Roslin
- Buses outside Laird & Dog pub, 31 to Edinburgh, 140 back to Musselburgh or the other way to Loanhead, Penicuik and Roslin.
- By car drive to Roslin then after walk bus 140 from pub back to Roslin.
If you're interested please add your name to the thread on the Fireaway website messageboard or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment on the Fireaway facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1648088992167580/?ref=share
Thanks to Dave Rhind for detailing the walk.